Here's some extra practice for these two units, please have a look:
- grammar: file 2, file 3. You can also revise the present simple with many activities here, here and in this text.
- vocabulary: you can do some crosswords and wordsearches to practise jobs, verbs, the family, common adjectives, countries & nationalities, common objects, daily routines, times & dates. Click HERE to hear the pronunciation of many of these words. Listen and repeat them!
- These listenings are quite slow and easy: interesting conversation, opening & closing times, shopping, telephoning, offers, breakfast, Ireland, Australia. You can see the words (if you click on "menu"), but please listen once or twice first WITHOUT LOOKING... before you actually read them
- practical English: checking in; buying a coffee.
- reading: choose the texts for these two units. Read them, take out some words and try to rebuild the original text.